Our developers have been on a roll and added these nice features for you in release 3.8
Previously it was only possible to show information of past months in the Monthly Report. As from now, the Monthly Report also shows information regarding future months based on forecasted data.
The calculation of your Competitor Based Recommended Rate is improved for days where some of your competitors are sold out. If this is the case we now use 'last known rates from maximum a week ago' from your sold out competitors to ensure the competitiveness of your recommended rate.
Should you want to limit the use of these 'last known rates' to less days in the past, or do not want to use the feature at all, you can change this setting in Hotel Settings/Rate Recommendation: 'Use last known rates in competitor based rate'.
As from now, you can select an additional KPI in the Rates Calendar/Rates List; Market Demand Last Year. You can select this KPI in Preferences/Rate Recommendation.
Users can now attach notes to events, which are shown in the reports.
The full list of enhancements, changes and fixes is below:
1. Release 3.8
- 7 February 2020
- Fixed - Dashboard: Some graphs did not render when trying to display negative numbers.
- Added - Business on the Books: Now supports realtime updates for group blocks when using Apaleo
- Added - Business on the Books: RevControl can now create BOB history for Bookingplanner/Cubilis and Apaleo
- Updated - Business on the Books: Monthly Report is now also available for future months and shows Forecasting data
- Fixed - Business on the Books: Excel export did not work when ''Period totals only'' was selected.
- Added - Rate Shopping: Added support for multiple competior sets for HQ Revenue
- Updated - Rate Shopping: Added support for multiple diffferent room type categories for HQ Revenue
- Added - Rate Recommendation: When most hotels in your compset are sold out, RevControl now uses the last known rate up to 7 days back.
- Added - Rate Recommendation: You can now select last year's (same point in time) Market Demand as a KPI in the Rates Calendar
- Updated - Rate Recommendation: Improved suport for handling downtime PMS or channel manager when sending rate updates
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Occupancy supplements now use Pickup Today numbers as well (when not using forecasted occupancy)
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Fixed issue where Auto Publish sometimes switched between Occupancy and Competitor based rates
- Updated - Budget: Improved notifications when required data was missing when importing a Budget Excel document
2. Release 3.8.1
- 11 February 2020
- Fixed - Business on the Books: Fixed issue where Monthly Report was unavailable for future months when using Manual Forecast
- Updated - Rate Shopping: Your own hotel is now highlighted in the Competitor Rate Change Alert email report
- Updated - Rate Recommendation: Rate updates with status ''Pending'' will now be marked as ''Failed'' after 24 hours
- Updated - Rate Recommendation: Your own hotel is now highlighted in the Rates Calendar info popup window
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Fixed the incorrect sort order of competitors in the Rates Calendar info popup window
- Added: Rate Recommendation: Added support to update multiple Delta rates in Lodgegate
3. Release 3.8.2
- 17 februari 2020
- Updated - Rate Recommendation: Rates Calendar now shows all competitor rates, not just the ones used to calculate the recommended rate
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Sometimes the Minimum Rate Alert red triangle was shown in the Rates Calendar although the published rate was now lower than the minimum rate
4. Release 3.8.3
- 19 February 2020
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Room type supplement was not calculated correctly when using ''Save & resend unchanged rates'' in combination with the ''Use Minimum Rate'' alert
- Fixed - Rate Shopping: Daily Index did not always show the lowest rate when shopping for multiple room types
5. Release 3.8.4
- 11 March 2020
- Added - General: RevControl now supports Protel On Premise for BOB Import and Rate Export
- Updated - Business on the Books: Monthly Report now starts on the last completed month
- Updated - Business on the Books: Monthly Report now shows BOB same time last year, including comparison with the BOB
- Updated - Business on the Books: Monthly Report now shows data from the Revenue Forecast Report, including comparison with BOB
- Updated - Business on the Books: Changed order of the columns in the Monthly Report
- Updated - Business on the Books: Removed confusing ''Month before'' and ''Week before'' presets from comparison reports
- Updated - Business on the Books: Better handling of space categories with no spaces attached for MEWS
- Fixed - Business on the Books: Fixed issue where sometimes duplicate room types were created during initial setup
- Updated - Rate Recommendation: Made improvements to reduce message size for Guestline rate export
- Fixed - Rate Recommendation: Fixed issue where you could not clear entered data in the Manual Forecast report
- Added - Events: You can now add a small note to each event, which can be selected to be shown in the reports
- Updated - Logs: Published Rate Timeline is now limited to 1 week by default.